This is a good appetizer served with toothpicks or a good main dish served over rice or buttered egg noodles. I originally got the recipe from “Eric’s mom” whose name I don’t remember but who lived next door for a few years and who had a lot of good recipes, including a prize-winning enchilada recipe that I haven’t shared yet.
- 2 lbs frozen Swedish meatballs
- 1 large onion, sliced and made into rings
- 1/4 c brown sugar
- 1 envelope beefy onion soup mix
- 12 oz bottle or can of good beer
- Combine onion and meatballs in crock.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar and soup mix.
- Pour beer over top.
- Cook on Low 5-6 hours.