My daughter’s favorite soup is this lentil soup. My son’s least favorite soup is this lentil soup. I think it’s a sibling thing. This was based on a recipe in a booklet I got from someone trying to convince me to eat more lentils. It worked.
Mom’s Lentil Soup
- 1 lb mild breakfast sausage
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 packets Jamon seasoning
- 1 lb lentils, rinsed and picked over
- 8 c water
- salt to taste
- shredded cheddar for serving
- Cook onion with sausage until the sausage is brown.
- Drain off grease.
- Add 8 cups water, Jamon, and lentils.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until lentils are the consistency you want..
- Add salt to taste.
- Serve with cheese.