This soup is tasty and the slow cooking gives the flavors time to meld.
- 1 Tbsp EVOO
- 2 lbs bulk sausage
- 6 c chicken broth
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 leek, thoroughly cleaned and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 c fresh spinach, chopped
- Lightly grease the crockery liner of the slow cooker with the EVOO.
- In a large skillet, brown the sausage and drain off excess fat.
- Transfer sausage to slow cooker; add broth, celery, carrot, leek, and garlic.
- Cover and cook on LOW 6 hours
- Stir in the spinach; cover and cook on HIGH 5-10 minutes or until spinach wilts.