Oh, the way your kitchen smells while this is cooking. Amazing. It’s tough to find chutney at most Kroger stores but the Marketplace and Signature Krogers sometimes have it and also HEB/Central Market and other places have it. You really need it for this recipe. Do not use smoked paprika. Just, don’t.
Curry-Scented Pork Loin
- 1 2-3 lb boneless pork loin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 Tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/4 c EVOO, divided
- 3 apples, cored and sliced
- 1 20-oz can pineapple chunks in juice, drained
- 1/2 c reserved pineapple juice
- 1 c dried cranberries
- 2 Tbsp minced ginger root
- 1/2 c mango chutney
- In small bowl, combine salt, pepper, curry, paprika and 2 Tbsp EVOO.
- Mix well and rub all over pork.
- Heat 2 Tbsp EVOO in large skillet.
- Brown pork on all sides.
- Put apples, pineapple chunks, cranberries and ginger in oval slow cooker.
- Place browned meat on the fruit in the slow cooker.
- In small bowl, combine juice and chutney, mixing well.
- Pour over contents of crock.
- Cover and cook on low 7 hours or until pork is 150 on a thermometer.