This is a fun recipe and even people who say, “I don’t eat ground turkey” will like it. I use mild salsa because some of my family members object to heat, but you can ramp it up with hotter salsa and even add some diced pepper to the turkey while it’s browning if that’s how you roll.
- 4 avocados, halved
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp EVOO, divided
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 8 oz mild salsa
- 8 oz sour cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- Scoop halved avocados out of their skins in one piece.
- Sprinkle lemon juice and 1 Tbsp EVOO on cut side & salt to taste.
- Heat skillet to medium. Cook avocados about 2 minutes, cut side down.
- Remove to plate, cut side up, removing small slice if necessary to make them stable.
- Add turkey, remaining 1 Tbsp EVOO, salt, and pepper to skillet and brown, breaking up chunks.
- Remove from heat, add salsa and sour cream, mix in.
- Put scoops of the mixture over the avocado halves, filling them and spilling over.