My bell pepper hating daughter doesn’t mind the 2 red bell peppers in this recipe. It could be because the flavors are overshadowed by the chili spices. If you want the chili hotter, add cayenne to taste. This is good on hot dogs and with corn bread and in Frito pies.
Bacon and Beef Chili
- 7 slices thick-cut bacon
- 2 red bell peppers, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp chili powder
- 2 Tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 lb ground beef
- 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 14 oz can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- Grated cheese for serving
- Cook bacon on medium until crisp
- add peppers and garlic and cook 5 minutes
- Add ground beef and spices, cook until beef is browned.
- Add tomato sauce and tomatoes. Cook till heated through.
- Top with grated cheese or serve with grated cheese on the side.