This is better than any I’ve bought. It also tends to be a larger meal as the chickens in the poultry section tend to be larger than the ones in the deli. The note about the potatoes is spot on. They’re tasty but not fully-cooked.
Slow Cooker Rotisserie Chicken
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 Tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground back pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 4 large baking potatoes or enough to fill bottom of slow cooker
- Individually wrap potatoes in foil. Place in bottom of slow cooker.
- Remove giblets from chicken and discard or save for other use. Pat chicken dry with paper towels.
- Combine seasonings.
- Rub chicken with seasoning blend.
- Place on top of potatoes in crock, cover, and cook on high for 4 hours. DO NOT ADD ANY LIQUID.
Note: The potatoes will not be cooked after this time, but may have absorbed some of the liquid from the process. They can be unwrapped and microwaved until cooked if desired.