This is based on a recipe from the Kroger web site. I’m lazy so I use my rice cooker when I can. This works with my Zojirushi rice cooker but yours might be a little different. Mine cooks up to 3 cups of white rice or 2 of brown. The white and porridge cycles are the same for my particular model.
Coconut Rice in the Rice Cooker
- 1 14-oz can coconut milk
- 1.5 c white rice
- 1/3 c unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- In a dry skillet over low heat, toast the coconut flakes until golden, about 3 minutes.
- Place everything but water in rice cooker.
- Add water to the 2-cup fill line. Stir with paddle to combine.
- Set to the White or Porridge setting and start. Or use these settings with a timer if you need it later.