Peaches are a summer fruit but you can enjoy this roast anytime because it uses canned peaches. I like this with rice, but it could be served with orzo or steamed broccoli or other accompaniments.
Simply Peachy Slow Cooker Pork Roast
- 1 3-lb pork loin roast
- 1/4 tsp onion salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 can (15.25 oz) sliced peaches in syrup
- 1/2 c chili sauce
- 1/3 c dark brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch mixed with 2 Tbsp water
- Spray slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Place roast in slow cooker, season with onion salt and pepper.
- Drain peaches, reserving syrup.
- Whisk syrup, chili sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, and spice.
- Pour over roast
- Cover with peach slices.
- Cook 6 hours on LOW.
- Remove meat and peaches.
- Allow roast to rest 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put liquid from cooker into saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high.
- Add cornstarch/water mixture.
- Cook, stirring, about 30 seconds or until sauce thickens.
- Serve with rice.