This has combo protein in it. And Cajun seasoning. And bell pepper and onion. Feel free to double the spice as the quantities here are for people not accustomed to the Cajun blend. It’s like chili powder though, in that some have more heat than others. If you want extra heat, add some red hot sauce that comes in the bottle with the tiny neck, sold under various names (not sriracha, that’s Asian).
Cajun Alfredo Skillet
- 1 large or 2 small chicken breasts, diced
- 1 Tbsp Cajun seasoning, divided (I use Slap Ya Mama)
- 1 tub (8 oz) cream cheese spread
- 1/4 c + 2 Tbsp milk
- 2 tsp canola or other unflavored cooking oil
- 1 ea red and green bell pepper, cut in half strips
- 1 onion , sliced in half-rings
- 1/2 lb smoked sausage, cut in half-moons
- 3 c cooked brown rice
- Toss chicken with 1 tsp Cajun seasoning.
- In bowl, mix cream cheese with 2 Tbsp milk
- Heat oil in mondo skillet on medium.
- Add chicken and veggies. Cook, stirring frequently, until chicken is done, 6-7 minutes.
- Add sausage, cook 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add cream cheese mixture, 1/4 c milk and 2 tsp Cajun seasoning.
- Cook until heated through.
- Stir in rice.