This is a soupwith zero beans. It also has zero potatoes. Instead, the heartiness comes from cauliflower and butternut squash. The bit of garlic powder adds flavor without overpowering it.
Leftover Hambone Soup
- 1 ham bone
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 ribs celery, chopped
- 4 large carrots, chopped
- 1 small head cauliflower, chopped
- 1.5 c. diced butternut squash
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- water to fill crock pot
- 2 c diced ham (optional if your ham bone was well picked over)
- Place ham bone and vegetables in crock pot.
- Add seasonings and enough water to nearly fill the crock.
- Cover. Cook on LOW 6-8 hours.
- Remove bone and any shards that may have fallen off.
- Add diced ham and any usable ham that can be picked off the bone.
- Cover, cook 15 minutes longer.
- Remove bay leaves and serve.