This is a tasty way to have a pot roast. I don’t know how authentically Italian it is but it has garlic and tomatoes. I like it over spiralized zucchini for the colors.
Balsamic Pot Roast with Tomatoes
- 2 28-oz cans whole tomatoes
- 1 bulb garlic, separated into cloves and peeled
- 1 large onion, peeled and cut into eighths
- 2 Tbs balsamic vinegar
- 1 3-3.5 lb beef roast
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Spray 3- to 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Mix tomatoes with their juice, garlic cloves, onion and vinegar in slow cooker.
- Sprinkle beef with salt and pepper; place on top of vegetables in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high setting for about 6 to 7 hours (or on low for about 10 hours).
- Remove beef to a warm platter; cover to keep warm.
- Skim excess fat from the top of the remaining vegetables and liquid.
- Serve over rice or pasta or spiralized zucchini.