These are meatballs with a surprise in them. They’re good with anything Italian.
Cheese-Stuffed Italian Meatball Muffins
- 1.5 lbs ground beef
- 3 eggs
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3 string cheese, each cut into 4 pieces
- 3/4 c pizza or pasta sauce
- Heat oven to 400
- Oil 12 muffin cups
- Mix meat with scallions, eggs, salt, and pepper.
- Form into 12 balls. Place one in each muffin cup.
- Press a piece of string cheese into center of each ball, then cover it up.
- Top each with a tablespoon of sauce.
- Bake 15 minutes, or until cooked through.