I usually make three or four the first night and cook one fresh and freeze the others. This uses a little time in the present but saves a lot in the future. I prefer golden raisins, but any seedless kind will do.
Caribbean Island Chicken
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 8-oz can pineapple chunks or tidbits, with juice
- 1/4 c packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/3 c orange juice
- 1/2 c raisins
- Label a gallon freezer bag
- Put ingredients in the bag.
- Freeze flat.
- Thaw overnight in the fridge.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour or cook in the slow cooker on LOW for 4-6 hours.
- Serve with rice.