Frito Pie is a Texas thing that I discovered when my sons took up baseball. (I grew up on the Dakota prairie). Traditionally, you cut open a bag of Frito’s chips and top them with chili and cheese (and maybe onions) and eat it right out of the bag. This is a family-sized version that you can serve at the table.
Family Frito Pie
- 1 9.75 oz bag Frito's corn chips
- 2 15-oz cans no-bean chili
- 1/2 c diced onion
- 1 c (or more) shredded mild cheddar or Colby cheese
- Heat oven to 350
- Spray 13″ x 9″ pan with cooking spray
- Dump the Frito’s into the pan.
- Spoon the chili over.
- Sprinkle with onions and cheddar
- Bake 15 minutes or until cheese melts and chili is bubbly.