When they say “easy as pie” this is the kind of pie they mean. I buy key lime juice in a bottle because I’m lazy but you can get key limes and juice them yourself for authenticity. Definitely put the plastic wrap directly on the warm filling to keep a skin from forming. The topping is a secret way to keep a creamy topping from drooping.
Easy Key Lime Pie
- 1 14-oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 c key lime juice
- 1 9" graham cracker pie crust
- 1 10-oz carton whipped topping
- 4 oz cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/2 c sugar
- In medium saucepan, whisk yolks and condensed milk.
- Heat on medium, bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Add lime juice, a little at a time, until mixture starts to thicken.
- Pour mixture into pie crust.
- Press plastic wrap directly on top and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Top with topping
- Beat cream cheese and sugar with mixer until well combined.
- Slowly add in whipped topping.