Bacon makes everything better. Also, if you can, it’s better to brown any meat you put into a slow cooker. Thus, browning the meat before wrapping it with bacon. I always use thick-sliced bacon. The brand isn’t as important.
Bacon-Wrapped Pork Loin
- 3 Tbsp EVOO, divided
- 2 lbs pork loin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 8 strips bacon
- 1/4 c chicken broth
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Lightly grease the crock of the slow cooker with 1 Tbsp of EVOO.
- Rub the pork all over with the garlic and onion powders.
- In a large skillet over high, heat the other 2 Tbsp EVOO.
- Brown the pork on all sides, about 10 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Wrap bacon around loin, place in slow cooker. Combine broth, thyme and oregano and add to the slow cooker.
- Cover. Cook on LOW for 9-10 hours.