This recipe is for a crowd. Halve it for normal use. Serve with a salad and breadsticks.
Pasta alla Gricia
- 1/4 c EVOO
- 10 slices bacon, diced
- 24 oz linguini
- 1 c freshly grated pecorino romano
- freshly ground black pepper
- Bring water to boil for pasta.
- While waiting on the water to boil, heat the olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the bacon and cook until browned and most of the fat is rendered. Turn off the heat and set skillet aside
- Salt the water and add linguine, stirring to separate strands. Cook according to package directions.
- Set aside about 1 cup of the cooking water, then drain the linguine and return it to the pot.
- Add the bacon and olive oil and stir in the cheese.
- If the pasta mixture seems too dry, add a bit of the reserved cooking water and/or some EVOO.
- Season with pepper. Serve with additional romano.