I got this recipe as using those vegetarian sausage crumbles but I like Italian sausage better. Also, I don’t like red bell peppers, so they no longer appear. My recipe wiki shows I’ve made a few other minor revisions but those are the main ones.
Italian Sausage Quiche with Zucchini
- 1/2 lb bulk Italian sausage
- 2 c shredded zucchini
- 1 c chopped onion
- 1/2 c shredded Parmesan cheese
- 12 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 c heavy cream
- 1 c shredded mozzarella
- Heat oven to 325
- Spray 13″ x 9″ pan with cooking spray
- In skillet, cook sausage, zucchini and onion until sausage is cooked and onion is just tender.
- In a medium bowl, combine sausage mixture and Parmesan. Spoon into prepared pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and cream. Pour over sausage mixture.
- Sprinkle with Mozzarella.
- Bake about 45 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool at least ten minutes.