This is a pretty salad that is nice for a holiday gathering. The bright red pomegranate arils are very festive for any autumn or winter occasion. Do invest in finding sherry vinegar. It’s so worth it.
Pomegranate and Pear Salad
- 5 Tbsp sherry wine vinegar
- pinch of salt
- a few grinds of black pepper (to taste)
- 6 Tbsp EVOO
- 2 pears, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 10 oz bag tender or baby spinach
- 1 c pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 c chopped pecans
- 4 oz crumbled gorgonzola cheese
- Whisk together vinegar, salt, and pepper.
- Slowly add EVOO, whisking until it thickens.
- Toss pears, spinach, pomegranate, pecans, and cheese.
- Serve with dressing.