This is a potluck recipe I got from someone when I was in PTO (which stands for Parent Teacher Organization). My daughter liked it and I asked the dad who brought it for the recipe and this is similar to what he had. His didn’t have onions or mushrooms. I also think he didn’t pre-cook the broccoli, but I like it better cooked al dente before I add it in.
Chicken and Broccoli Lo Mein
- 16 oz long pasta -- linguini or spaghetti
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 lg onion, chopped
- 1 bag (12 oz) frozen broccoli, cooked in the microwave or on the stove, but can be cooled
- 1 Tbsp garlic
- 2 tsp ground ginger or 2 Tbsp fresh
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp ketchup
- 1 1/2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Heat oil in Dutch oven and add onion. Stir a few minutes to soften.
- Add cut up chicken, then broccoli, garlic and ginger and cook until chicken is no longer pink in center.
- Add soy sauce, vinegar, ketchup and sesame oil to pot and stir well to blend, remove from heat.
- When pasta is done, drain well and stir into the pot, coating with sauce.