I originally cut this from a magazine at a doctor’s office many years ago, when my adult kids were toddlers. The cheese was not part of the recipe, but something that make the sandwiches oh-so-much better.
French Dip Sandwiches
- 3 lb beef roast
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 can condensed beef broth
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- Place beef in slow cooker
- In small bowl, combine soup mix and condensed broth.
- Pour over beef
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8-10 hours
- Remove beef from cooker, shred.
- Skim fat from liquid.
- Place cheese on baguettes and fill with beef.
- Serve with liquid.