I got this recipe from Facebook. I often double it and make it in a 13″ x 9″ pan for a crowd. The standing time is important.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 envelope dry onion soup mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 c mayonnaise
- 1/4 c heavy cream
- 2 c shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- salt and pepper
- Heat oven to 350.
- Brown the beef with one-half envelope of onion soup mix, drain
- Add other half of the envelope of soup mix and place in 8″ square pan
- Stir in half of the cheese and top with remaining cheese.
- Whisk the eggs, mayonnaise, cream, a dash of salt, and a few grinds of pepper.
- Pour over the meat/cheese mixture.
- Bake 35 minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.