This is a lovely crockpot soup using dry tortellini (the kind you find in the pasta aisle, not the dairy case). Use whichever kind you like, though my kids prefer the tri-colored ones.
Creamy Tortellini Soup
- 1 envelope white sauce mix
- 4 c water
- 1 can chicken broth
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 c chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 package dry tortellini
- 1 12-oz can evaporated milk
- 1 pkg fresh baby spinach
- Pour white sauce mix into crock. Add water, whisk to thoroughly combine.
- Add broth.
- Add mushrooms, onions, garlic, and seasonings. Stir well.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
- Stir in tortellini. Cook on low for one hour.
- Stir in evaporated milk, and spinach. Cover, and let spinach wilt.
- Serve topped with shaved or shredded Parmesan.