This recipe takes some prep, but is worth it. Note that you need to use the teriyaki basting sauce and not the teriyaki glaze. If it pours like water/soy sauce, it’s the right stuff and if it’s thicker, it’s not. I adapted this from a wing recipe as my husband doesn’t like the amount of work required to get the little morsels of chicken off the winglets.
Teriyaki Sesame Chicken Thighs
- 10-oz to 12-oz bottle teriyaki sauce (NOT glaze)
- 1/4 c toasted sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp ginger paste
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic (fresh or from a jar)
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp sucralose (Splenda / Apriva)
- 8 chicken thighs -- you can remove the skin to let the flavor really absorb
- Add ingredients (except chicken) to zipper bag. Mix well.
- Add chicken and refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- Heat oven to 375 for 15 minutes.
- Spray foil-lined pan with cooking spray.
- Bake chicken on prepared pan for about one hour.