This version has no rice and so is low-carb. No, I don’t drain the fat, but you can if you choose.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 Tbsp EVOO
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small head green cabbage, chopped
- 2 14.5 oz cans diced tomatoes
- 1 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 1/2 c water
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp salt
- In a large skillet, heat EVOO over medium, Add beef and onion.
- Cook, stirring to break up meat until the meat is browned.
- Add garlic and cook one minute.
- Add cabbage, tomatoes, tomato sauce, water, pepper, and salt.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes, until cabbage is tender.