I often double the marinade and make a whole other sheet of potato wedges. You really do need to microwave the sweet potatoes to soften them as they’re difficult to cut into wedges otherwise.
Baked Chicken with Sweet Potato Wedges
- 1 1/2 lbs sweet potatoes (about 3)
- 1/2 c zesty Italian dressing
- 3 Tbsp dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 8 chicken thighs
- Heat oven to 375
- Pierce each sweet potato all over with a fork.
- Microwave each one for 1-2 minutes to aid in cutting.
- Cut each into 8 wedges.
- Mix dressing, sugar, and thyme in large bowl.
- Add potato wedges; toss to coat.
- Transfer to rimmed 15″ x 10″ x 1″ baking sheet, reserving mixture in bowl
- Add chicken to the reserved mixture; toss to coat.
- Place on pan with potatoes.
- Bake about an hour or until potatoes are tender and chicken is done (165)
- Serve with drippings