This version comes from my daughter. I’m lazy and my idea of Spanish rice is to put a packet or two of Sazon in the rice cooker with broth and rice. Honestly, this tastes better.
- 1 c rice (white or brown -- cooking time depends on the type of rice used)
- 1 Tbsp EVOO
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 c water
- In medium saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add rice and garlic. Cook 1-2 minutes until rice smells toasted.
- Add water, tomato paste, and salt and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer until rice is cooked (see rice package for time).