I originally bought the cornbread stuffing mix to make, well, stuffing. To serve with country gravy as a quick emergency meal. I bought multiple boxes, but didn’t have as many mouths to feed as I’d planned, so I had an extra box. But if you can bread stuff with cornmeal, why not cornbread? And why not ranch cornbread? Here is a double-ranch recipe that my family enjoys and that I’ve made several times. You want to use the rack to keep the chops crispy.
Cornbread Ranch Baked Pork Chops
- 1 package cornbread stuffing mix, crushed
- 1 envelope dry ranch dressing mix
- 1/4 c prepared or bottled ranch dressing plus more for serving
- 4-6 pork chops - one per person
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Spray roasting rack and put on a flat pan.
- Combine stuffing mix and dressing mix in shallow dish.
- Pat chops dry with paper towels. Using about 1/4 c ranch, brush each chop with ranch and then dredge in crumb mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve with additional ranch dressing.