This is an easy fuss-free pasta dish with chicken in a red sauce. The reason I call it “salsa” is the sauce is not cooked down, it’s more of a fresh sauce, with lots of fresh garlic and parsley. The tomatoes are from a can but the lemon juice mitigates the tinny taste. The idea is to have the sauce be warm and bubbly, but not overly cooked. If you were ambitious, you could cut up fresh tomatoes but that takes away from the speed factor (parsley in the blender is how I keep the speed).
Italian Salsa Chicken
- 1 lb spaghetti or other skinny pasta
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 Tbsp EVOO
- 2 onions, chopped
- 8 cloves garlic, minced fine
- 2/3 cup parsley, chopped in blender or by hand
- 2 cans Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
- juice of one lemon
- Cook pasta.
- While pasta is cooking, in a large skillet, cook onion in EVOO on medium.
- Cut up chicken and add to onion. Cook until no longer pink in center.
- Add remaining ingredients and heat till bubbly, but do not “cook”.
- Serve sauce over pasta.