This is an old Italian cabbage recipe I got from my friend Annie. She updated it to use a bag of mix instead of shredding coleslaw. She says it’s prettier, too.
Annie’s Italian Cabbage
- 7 Tbsp canola or other mild oil
- 2 Tbsp cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp sugar or 1 squirt Apriva/Splenda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp tarragon, crushed
- 1 bag coleslaw blend
- 1/2 small or 1/4 large red onion, sliced thinly
- Whisk oil, vinegar, lemon juice, sugar/Apriva, salt, pepper, and tarragon until emulsified.
- Toss salad ingredients in large bowl.
- Drizzle dressing over salad ingredients; toss to coat.
- Refrigerate at least one hour prior to serving.