Here’s another way to use your pulled pork leftovers from your Slow Cooker Smoked Pork Butt. The cheese is good if you’re not adding coleslaw. You could also add onions.
Pulled Pork Potatoes
- 4 large baking potatoes
- canola or other unflavored cooking oil
- 3-4 c pulled pork leftovers
- barbecue sauce to moisten to taste
- 8 slices white cheddar (optional)
- Heat oven to 350. Put one rack in the middle of the oven and another below it.
- Scrub potatoes well under cold running water. Dry.
- Poke all over with a fork (about 3-4 pokes with a standard eating fork)
- Place in a bowl and coat lightly with oil, then dust with a sprinkle of salt.
- Bake directly on middle rack, but put a baking sheet on the bottom rack in case they spit.
- Bake about an hour.
- Heat pork with barbecue sauce over medium-low to medium until hot.
- Cut each potato in half.
- Top with pork.
- Top with a slice of cheese if using and return to oven for 2-3 minutes to melt.
- May serve with coleslaw on top or on the side.