Apples and pork go together. This is a good way to make pork chops that are a little snazzy without being too fussy.
Sherry Apple Pork Chops
- 4 pork chops
- 3 large cooking apples, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 packed brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 c sherry
- Brown chops on high in a large skillet, about 2 minutes/side
- Heat oven to 325
- Combine cinnamon and brown sugar in small bowl
- Arrange apple slices in 13×9 pan, sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon
- Place browned pork chops on apples and pour sherry over all.
- Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour.