This is similar to Chicken Divine except without curry. I’ve been known to add it, though. I keep a tub of yellow curry paste in my fridge.
Divine Chicken Soup
- 1 Tbsp EVOO
- 2 large leeks (white and tender green) washed and chopped
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 2 cans chicken broth
- 5 c (about 1.5 lbs) broccoli florets
- 1 c heavy whipping cream
- 1.5 c shredded cheddar cheese
- 1.5 c cut up cooked chicken
- In Dutch oven, heat EVOO. Add leeks, cook on medium until limp, 3-5 minutes.
- Stir in flour and cook 1 minute.
- Stir in broth and bring to boiling, stirring until thickened.
- Add broccoli, cook 5-7 minutes, until tender.
- Stir in cream and cheese. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook 1-2 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Add chicken. Simmer 1 minute to heat through.