This is an easy way to make an Alfredo-like sauce. It’s very cheesy. If you’re concerned about the calories, you can use low-fat cheeses and some kind of lite margarine/spread but they don’t melt as well. This is Alfredo … spurge.
- 1 stick butter
- 1 15-16 oz container whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 1 c grated parmesan cheese
- 1 c milk
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 c meat (cut up cooked chicken or halved meatballs or cooked, crumbled/sliced Italian sausage or...)
- Melt butter over low heat in Dutch oven.
- Add remaining ingredients, except meat.
- Stir with a whisk until well-blended.
- Cook until heated through.
- Add meat.
- Serve over pasta or vegetables.