This is based on the Pillsbury “bubble-up” recipes but is created using leftover barbecue pork butt (from the slow cooker “smoked” pork butt) and my homemade barbecue sauce and cheddar cheese. I like the bubble-up concept and needed something to use some of my pork butt.
Barbecue Pork Bubble-Up Bake
- 3 c chopped barbecue pork
- 1 can Grands-style biscuits
- 1 pint barbecue sauce (or one 16-18 oz bottle if using store-bought)
- 2 c shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 350
- Spray 13″ x 9″ pan with cooking spray
- Place pork in a large bowl.
- Pour barbecue sauce over pork, stir to combine.
- Separate dough into 8 biscuits.
- Cut each biscuit into 8 pieces.
- Add dough pieces; gently toss to combine.
- Spread mixture in prepared pan.
- Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and cheese is melted.