This is an old recipe I had on my HD from “Dee’s mother”. One of the notes says you can prettify it by dying peeled hard-cooked eggs then slicing bits from them to make flower petals/leaves and arranging them on top of the chilled salad. That is way more effort than I’m going to.
Mashed Potato Salad
- 5 lbs Yukon gold or other boiling potatoes
- evaporated milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- dill pickle relish (to taste)
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 4 - 6 hard cooked eggs, chopped
- 1 rib celery, chopped
- mayonnaise (to taste)
- yellow (not Dijon) mustard (to taste)
- Boil peeled potatoes until done but not mushy. Drain well.
- Mash using margarine and evaporated milk, adding salt and pepper to taste, as if you were making them for dinner.
- Add remaining ingredients until it’s the way you want it.
- Refrigerate overnight.