This is a a tasty cheese soup from the slow cooker. You can make variations by using other cheeses than cheddar, but cheddar is my favorite. This is good with a crusty bread or Quick Beer Bread.
Cheddar Cheese Soup
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 5 c chicken broth
- 1 c coconut milk
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/2 large sweet onion, chopped
- 8 oz cream cheese, cubed
- 2 c shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Lightly grease the crockery insert of the slow cooker with butter.
- Place the broth, coconut milk, celery and onion in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours.
- Stir in the cream and cheddar cheeses.
- Season with salt and pepper.