This is a recipe I married into. Except my husband didn’t know you were supposed to drain the ground beef and one can of chili beans. 😉 We like both Monterey Jack and Cheddar cheeses, so I usually buy a bag of each, pre-shredded. I let people assemble their own burritos.
Beef and Bean Burritos
- 1.5 lbs ground beef
- 2 onions, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cans chili hot beans (these are not baked beans but beans in a chili sauce), one drained, one not
- 1 envelope taco seasoning mix
- Tortillas for serving
- Burrito fixings -- shredded cheese, sour cream, shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, guacamole, Mexican rice, etc.
- Cook ground beef with onions and garlic until beef is browned. Drain off fat.
- Add in chili beans and taco seasoning
- Cook over medium-low until heated through.