I love my Lodge skillet. It’s red enameled cast iron and I enjoy cooking with it. This recipe is a bit odd in that it calls for you to put the skillet on the bottom rack. Do it. The aroma of this is amazing while it’s cooking. I also have my own rosemary bush–if you elect to use fresh rosemary, use three times as much.
Garlic Butter and Rosemary Pan Roasted Chicken
- 2 Tbsp EVOO
- 8 chicken thighs
- salt and pepper to season chicken
- 6 Tbsp butter
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp dried rosemary, crushed
- Heat oven to 375
- Brush bottom of heavy ovenproof skillet with EVOO.
- Place chicken in skillet, season with salt and pepper.
- Place skillet on bottom rack in oven, bake 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in small saucepan over medium-low.
- Add garlic and rosemary.
- Cook 3-5 minutes, till fragrant; remove from heat.
- Remove and discard half of rendered fat from skillet.
- Pour butter mixture over top of chicken.
- Bake 15-20 minutes longer till chicken is 165
- Cover with foil until ready to serve.