For those who are naturally efficient, I present the Lazy Roast. This is what happens when you say, “I’ll figure it out later,” and then … actually do that.
If your roast is big enough (5 lbs or more) use 2 packets of each dressing type. I usually serve this with mashed potatoes or rice.
- 3-4 lb beef roast
- 1 packet Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 packet ranch salad dressing mix
- Put roast in slow cooker with NOTHING ELSE.
- Cover, cook on LOW 8-10 hours.
- Remove roast to cutting board and shred with two forks
- Mix dressing mixes into juice in slow cooker.
- Add meat back
- Serve over rice, mashed potatoes or on buns.