This is a variation on chopped steak. The idea is these are Greek-inspired and served with a garlicky yogurt sauce on a plate and eaten with a fork–these are not bun-burgers. I suppose you could put them in pitas, but I’ve never done that.
Greekie Beef Patties with Garlic Yogurt Sauce
- 1.5 lb ground beef
- 3 Tbsp EVOO
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 small containers, plain Greek yogurt (about 10-12 oz)
- 2 tsp oregano, crushed
- 1.5 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- pepper to taste
- Heat skillet to medium. Add oil and half the garlic.
- Cook until garlic softens and becomes fragrant.
- Stir mixture into yogurt.
- Mix remaining garlic, beef, oregano, onion powder, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Shape into patties.
- Using the same skillet, turn heat to medium-high and cook 4 minutes per side.
- Serve with dollops of garlic yogurt sauce.