This is one of my favorite ways to cook pork chops. I really love the flavors they get from the seasoning and the combination of the beer and barbecue sauce. Be sure to check on them during the hour they’re simmering to make sure they don’t get stuck to the pan, especially if your stove doesn’t go totally low (like mine).
Dark Beer Braised Pork Chops
- 4 thick boneless pork chops
- Steak seasoning (the kind for grilling steaks)
- 1 Tbsp EVOO
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 c dark beer or stout
- 1 c barbecue sauce
- 1 large onion, chopped
- Sprinkle steak seasoning on both sides of pork chops.
- In large skillet, heat oil and butter over medium-high and brown the chops on both sides.
- Remove chops and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium and deglaze the pan with the beer for one minute while stirring.
- Add barbecue sauce and stir well.
- Cook for another minute.
- Add onion, and stir, then lay pork chops on top.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for about an hour.