Kluski is a Polish word for “noodle” and is peasant food. If you don’t feel like making them by hand, you can purchase frozen egg noodles at the grocery store that are very similar in texture. Cook as the package directs, don’t drain, add milk and salt to taste.
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp water
- pinch salt
- 1 c flour, approx + more for rolling
- boiling water + more salt for the water
- In a small mixing bowl, beat egg and water with fork until you’re tired of beating them.
- Stir in salt.
- Add flour to make a dough.
- Roll out dough on floured surface and cut into noodles.
- Drop noodles into boiling salted water and cook 15-20 minutes.
- DO NOT DRAIN.
- Add milk until it looks milky rather than watery. Adjust salt to taste. Serve.