This is just what it sounds like. The secret is the cheese. And the sweetener.
Real Good Cornbread
- 2 (8.5 oz) boxes corn muffin/bread mix
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 (8.75 oz) can corn kernels, drained
- 1 tsp sugar or 1 squirt liquid sugar substitute
- 1/2 c shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Preheat oven as directed on box
- Spray 13″ x 9″ pan with cooking spray or oil
- Combine all ingredients
- Pour into pan and bake as directed on box for cornbread — it may not be done so be prepared to bake it 5 or 10 minutes longer — until just golden and top springs back when gently pressed,
- Let cool 10 minutes before cutting or it will fall apart.