This is good with rice, tortillas, or tortilla chips. You can use the store brand of tomatoes with green chiles but you have to drain them to keep the consistency of the casserole from getting runny.
Mexican Chicken Casserole
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 tsp garlic
- 1/2 c chicken broth or stock
- 1 can Ro-Tel, drained
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 2 c shredded Monterey Jack or Colby-Jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cook chicken breasts and garlic in stock in skillet on medium until chicken is done.
- Shred chicken into 13″ x 9″ pan, discarding any remaining stock.
- Mix in drained Ro-Tel.
- Dot with cream cheese.
- Cover with cheese.
- Bake uncovered about 35 minutes or until slightly brown around edges.