This is a meatless recipe my meat-loving son will eat. Since I first started making it, the jars of pasta sauce have gotten smaller and so the instruction to rinse the jar with wine and mix it in. If I schmeer the bottom of the pan with sauce instead of using as much as it calls for, I don’t need quite as much sauce and it still works. It is important to use oven-ready noodles and to bake it with the foil. And the resting time is necessary as well. It can be made ahead and refrigerated overnight, but bake it an extra 5-10 minutes.
- 1 jar pasta sauce
- 1/4 c white wine to rinse jar with (optional)
- 1 16-oz container ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 10-oz box frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained, and squeezed
- 1/4 c grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 9 uncooked oven-ready lasagna noodles
- 3 c shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Pour sauce into medium bowl, then rinse jar with wine. Stir to combine. (This step is optional–you can use the sauce straight from the jar.)
- In another medium bowl, combine ricotta, egg, Parmesan, garlic powder and spinach. Mix well.
- Spread one third of the spaghetti sauce in the bottom of a 11″ x 7″ brownie pan.
- Cover with 3 uncooked lasagna noodles. Top with half the ricotta mixture and then sprinkle with 1 cup mozzarella.
- Spread with half the remaining spaghetti sauce.
- Top with another 3 noodles. Spread the rest of the ricotta mixture over the noodles and sprinkle with 1 cup mozzarella.
- Top with the last three noodles, then spread on the rest of the spaghetti sauce. Sprinkle the rest of the mozzarella on top.
- Cover with foil sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake 45-50 minutes or until noodles are tender.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.