We like this recipe a lot so you’ll see it in the rotation often when chicken pieces are on sale. I generally use thighs as my kids are adults but younger kids prefer drumsticks. Although it says to use two 13″ x 9″ pans, I find I use an 11″ x 7″ brownie pan for the coating process and do the pieces in pairs instead of all at once. If you coat them all at once, you need the larger pan.
Honey Curried Chicken Pieces
- 8 chicken drumsticks and/or thighs
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1/4 c honey
- 1 Tbsp mustard (I prefer stone-ground, but any kind works)
- 1 tsp yellow curry paste
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Melt the butter in the oven in a 13″ x 9″ baking pan and add the honey, mustard, curry paste and salt, mix well.
- Add the chicken pieces to the pan and coat on all sides. Place skin side down in ANOTHER 13″ x 9″ baking pan.
- Bake uncovered for 40 minutes. Turn over and bake another 30-40 minutes, basting occasionally.
- Serve with rice or noodles.