A slice or two of deli corned beef on #8 should be good for this.
- 2 lb potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 c chopped onion
- 2 1/2 c chicken broth
- 2 c milk
- 1 can sauerkraut, drained
- 1 c shredded Swiss cheese
- 1-2 c chopped corned beef
- 1/2 tsp caraway seeds
- In a medium saucepan over high heat, combine the potatoes, broth, and onion.
- Bring it to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover and simmer until the potatoes are tender, 10 minutes. Do not drain.
- With a slotted spoon, remove 1 C. of the potatoes to a blender or food processor. Puree it until it is smooth.
- Stir it back into the remaining potatoes in the saucepan.
- Add the milk, sauerkraut, cheese, corned beef, and caraway seeds.
- Cook, stirring frequently, over medium heat until the cheese melts, 2-3 minutes.