This recipe came from Kroger. My daughter likes it a lot — she was a fan of creamy chicken anything since she was very young.
Creamy Chicken Soup
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 c white wine
- 1 Tbsp EVOO
- 5 Tbsp butter, divided
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 4 celery ribs, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 Tbsp flour
- 1 1/2 c milk
- 1/2 c heavy cream
- 1 qt chicken broth
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- In Dutch oven, cook chicken thighs in EVOO over medium high about 15 minutes, turning once, until cooked through.
- Remove to plate and allow to cool slightly.
- Deglaze pan on low with white wine; pour into separate cup.
- Add 1 Tbsp butter to Dutch oven and cook onion, carrot and celery on medium-high for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until slightly brown.
- While vegetables are cooking, shred chicken.
- When vegetables are done, add to plate with chicken.
- Melt remaining 4 Tbsp butter on medium and add garlic, cook one minute.
- Add flour to make a roux and cook until fragrant.
- Add milk and cream and whisk until thickened.
- Whisk in broth and wine mixture.
- Add in chicken and vegetables. Add salt to taste and pepper if desired.